Based in London and with customers across the world, MachineMax is an award winning and dynamic tech start up aiming to disrupt the construction and mining industries with our leading digital services and solutions, helping them reduce cost, improve productivity and become more sustainable by reducing emissions.
We are looking for a talented and smart individual to join our fast-growing team as Finance Manager UK/US, a broad and exciting role that will sit at the very heart of our business, helping to create transparency about performance, drive efficiencies and ensure compliance with financial and business controls.
Reporting to the COO, as Finance Manager UK/US you will be responsible for maintaining and improving financial health of the UK and US businesses, including the following activities:
• Ensuring timely and accurate booking of day-to-day transactions across the UK and US businesses
• Being accountable for maximising customer billing and customer collections
• Production (via external service provider) of monthly reporting and management accounts, including key metrics and other analysis on margin and cost
• Preparing budgets at various levels and tracking performance against them
• Cash management including owning the relationship with banks and forecasting cash flow
• Maintenance of and compliance with the company’s financial control framework
• Providing financial inputs and independent challenge to commercial discussions including customer and supplier contracts, resourcing, and operational activities.
The role will be a mix of individual contribution as well as delivering through others – in part through external service providers, and via a small team consisting of a business and finance analyst, plus billing and finance admin assistant.
You will also look for opportunities to implement smart and fit for purpose systems and ways of working related to transactional processes, budgeting, and forecasting, reporting and analysis.
• At least 5 years working in finance business partnering and commercial finance roles
• Be CIMA or ACCA qualified with demonstrated experience of management and statutory reporting
• Ideally have experience working in SaaS (software as a service) or other subscription-based business
• Experience of working across countries is a significant advantage
• Experience of delivering results through external service providers is a must
• Be also willing and comfortable with individual delivery
• You should have an understanding of and interest in technology
• Passion for continuous improvement and driving operational excellence, with previous examples of how you have improved processes and controls
• You love solving problems and aren’t afraid to challenge existing ways of doing things
• You are proactive and hands on and take ownership of issues and problems
• You are comfortable working with a degree of ambiguity and immature processes
• You are curious, ambitious and a team player
• We really value the personal development of our team and focus heavily on enabling opportunities for growth.
• A co-working office space in London Bridge
• Flexible working between the office and home
• 30 days holiday
• Private healthcare
• Life Assurance
• Group Income Protection
• Group Critical Illness
• Engagement and wellbeing events
To apply, send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you think you’re just the person we’re looking for? Apply for this role today and we’ll get in touch with you as soon as we can.Apply